|Armor Type|| Light|
|Health|| 800 ()|
|Energy||100 ( )|
|Primary|| Light Spinfusor |
|Secondary|| Shotgun |
Light Assault Rifle
|Belt|| Impact Nitron |
|Pack|| Energy Recharge |
DescriptionEditThis class has amazing speed and mobility which makes them excellent flag Cappers/Chasers. The Pathfinder excels in hit-and-run tactics and is able to deal high damage at close range with the Shotgun. With the Impact Nitron that deals damage and knocks the flag away from the enemy, they are effective chasers, and also fill the role of Light Defense.
The Pathfinder's Energy Recharge Pack passively increases the energy regeneration rate. They are built for pure speed and can outrun any other class, but have somewhat poor one-on-one combat capabilities compared to more heavily armored opponents. The most effective tactic for Pathfinders is to knock targets back and deal great amounts of damage using splash feedback from their primary weapons. Pathfinders also have a large amount of jetpack charge and are able to stay airborne for a long time. Their Energy Recharge Pack also helps greatly using the jetpack, and with practice the Thrust Pack can be used to quickly gain speed or change directions mid-flight.
The Pathfinder currently has the following skin(s):
(15000 XP Mastery)
|Weapon/Item||(Projectile) Type||Damage (Range - Dmg)||Cost||Effect|
|Light Spinfusor(P)||Projectile||Direct/Splash - 770/550-275||Free||Spinfusor Type|
|Projectile||Direct/Splash - 877/650-325||240GP / 21000XP||Large Knockback|
|Dueling Spinfusor(P)||Projectile||Direct/Splash - 880/550-275||40GP / 2400XP||Spinfusor Type|
|Light Twinfusor(P)||Projectile||Direct/Splash - 533/380-190(?)||500GP / 44000XP||Spinfusor Type|
|Blinksfusor(P)||Projectile||Direct/Splash - 770/550-275||240GP / 21000XP||
|Shotgun(S)||Hitscan||Medium- 8*80-8*30||Free||Fires 8 Fletchets|
|Light Assault Rifle(S)||Projectile||Medium - 80-60||500GP / 44000XP||3-round burst|
|Holdout Shotgun(S)||Hitscan||Medium- 8*90||120GP / 7000XP||Fires 8 Fletchets|
|Shocklance||Hit Scan||Energy - 700||420GP / 37500 XP||Short-Range, 1400 damage back shot|
|Impact Nitron||Thrown||Direct/Splash - 300/100||Free||Flag Drop when hit, Large Knockback|
|Explosive Nitron||Thrown||Direct/Splash - 650/650-190||40GP / 2400XP||Large Knockback|
|Compact Nitron||Thrown||Direct/Splash - 300/90||160GP / 9000XP||Flag Drop when hit, Knockback|
|Energy Recharge Pack||Self Buff||None||Free||Increases energy recharge rate|
|Thrust Pack||Self Buff||Expends own energy||240GP / 21000XP||Propels player forward|
(P) - Primary Slot (S) - Secondary Slot
Perk Slot 1
- Ultra Capacitor What could be better for a class that craves energy than more energy? The other valid options are both accounting for a margin of error, this is the only perk in slot 1 that will actually improve your maneuverability.
- Reach is a strong choice as it allows a greater margin of error when attempting to grab the enemy flag and return your own. The final upgrade is not helpful in regards to grabbing flags, so it is recommended to not invest in this past the grab range upgrades.
- Safe Fall is another possibility if you find that you are often taking too much damage during your flag runs, or just in general. However more often than not this problem can be solved with more skiing practice. If you are particularly reckless however, this will help your cause. The final upgrade will protect you from the occasional shrike bump.
- Safety Third will allow you to have 4 impact nitrons. This is especially helpful if you need to increase your speed or knock the flag out of someone's grasp. This increased radius on nitrons will also benefit players who play a primarily defensive role. The last upgrade to this perk is completely useless however, as it allows players to deploy an extra mine.
- Stealthy Too many Technicians covering enemy flag stand? Not a problem. With Stealthy equipped, enemy turrents'(both base turrents and deployed) detection range significantly decreases and reacts slower, essentially giving you more to breathe.
- Rage is an obvious choice for a dedicated chaser, instantly refilling energy, health and mass reduction for 15 seconds when the flag is grabbed by an enemy player. It also allows for one free disc-jump, essentially allowing you to catch up easily to the capper. As usually you will be standing near your flagstand in preparation, this allows you to use the buff to full effect.
Perk Slot 2
- Egocentric is a fantastic choice for cappers, providing you the chance to launch yourself across the map more frequently. With this perk fully upgraded, you can survive two of your own Impact Nitrons and a Light Spinfusor shot, allowing for an incredibly effective way to gain speed. Timing your launches well will get you to the enemy base at full health (recovering from your launch during the trip) in record time. The last upgrade will not help you, as you have no applicable grenades.
- Potential Energy is another amazing choice; frankly, everyone on the other team will be trying to kill you. This perk turns their damage against them, allowing you to stay in the air (safer) longer. This also will yield extra energy when you launch yourself.
- Lightweight is an excellent choice for dedicated chasers, allowing for much powerful disk-jumps and speed boosts to catch up to enemy cappers. Avoid duels or getting damaged however, as it triples your regeneration delay, forcing you to often visit inventory stations to regenerate health.
Beginners Guide To Tribes:Ascend The Pathfinder by ShiftyTribes
Beginner Pathfinder Guide by ZeroMethanol (DoubleCrossGaming)
Basic Capper's Guide by TheSmallKiwiBird
Basic Capper's Guide - Addendum by TheSmallKiwiBird
Adv. Capping Guide by TheSmallKiwiBird